Visual SIMMOD Training
- SIMMOD / Visual SIMMOD Training Course - If you need hands-on SIMMOD training, AirportTools offers a
one-week training program in the San Jose California area. Taught by Gregory Bradford, a SIMMOD expert with over
17 years experience in aviation design and simulation.
Gregory Bradford ( ) will be happy to work with you to customize the training sessions to your needs.
Specifically, we will need to establish:
- When you would like your training to occur.
- How many students would like to attend.
- Any special needs you would like discussed during the training sessions.
If you bring your own AutoCAD drawings to the class AirportTools will be happy to use your airport as the template used in the class. Thus, when the class is finished, not only do you understand SIMMOD, you will also have a working model of your airport. It is requested that you provide the drawings in advance so that any technical problems can be resolved prior to arrival.
Subject matters covered in the training sessions include:
- What SIMMOD can and cannot do for you.
- Creation of a prototype SIMMOD model including:
- Runway procedures
- Airspace structures
- Flight schedules
- Running SIMMOD.
- Review of common problems you may encounter and how to solve them.
- Animation techniques.
- Reports generation facilities.
The training is held at a local hotel which offers very nice suites. Please contact us for more details concerning the training location. Under certain circumstances, AirportTools is able to offer free hotel accommodations for one training participant.
Customers are expected to provide their own air transportation to and from the San Jose California.
Ground transportation is provided by AirportTools to and from one of the three local airports in the San Jose area: San Francisco International, Oakland International, or San Jose International Airport. If you connect through an airport located within the United States we recommend that you fly directly from that airport to San Jose International due to it's close physical proximity to the training location.
AirportTools requires payment prior to the training class and the class may be canceled with a full refund of training fees up to four days prior to the scheduled class date.
- SIMMOD Primer - Learn how SIMMOD works
with this detailed examination of the program.
- Basic SIMMOD Study Creation Tutorial - Build your first
complete SIMMOD study utilizing this tutorial. Features Visual SIMMOD.
- Advanced Multiple Departure Queues Tutorial - Build a SIMMOD study with multiple departure queues serving one runway.
- Advanced SIMMOD Procedures - Learn more about SIMMOD procedures
- Advanced Aeroscript Metering Tutorial - Learn how SIMMOD metering works (both types), how to create SIMMOD metering data. Majority of tutorial covers how to implement metering using Aeroscript.